Five-time U.S. singles and 11-time doubles champion Dan Seemiller, possibly the best American table tennis player ever, shares his secrets for top-level play in Winning Table Tennis: Skills, Drills, and Strategies.
Readers will learn the best table tennis techniques, strategies, and conditioning methods for success. The authors provide beginning through advanced players with practical tips that make a difference.
The book features 29 drills for developing better shot-making skills. Seemiller's creative shot and grip innovations will give players an edge. The 124 photos and illustrations make it easy for players to learn the proper techniques and sharpen skills. Plus, the book offers drill variations designed to hone the skills of advanced players and professionals.
Winning Table Tennis shows players how to
- choose the right equipment,
- serve and return serves,
- use proper footwork and get into position,
- practice more efficiently,
- prepare for competitions,
- make effective strategy decisions in singles and doubles play, and
- condition the body for optimal performance.
Also provided is a conditioning program to help prevent injuries and prepare players for optimal performance.