Tennis is a sport for a lifetime. It really is a game that you can enjoy long-term, both as a player and a spectator. Played all over the world on surfaces ranging from concrete to clay the game of tennis is exciting to watch and even more fun to play.
Whether you’re an adult looking for a new challenge or a parent starting your kids off, Tennis For Dummies provides a terrific introduction to the sport. It doesn’t matter if you’re young or old, if you who want to start playing the game of tennis, but don’t have the motivation or information to do so, this book can show you the way. If you’re already into the game, you’ll find out how to take your skills to the next level.
This easy-to-understand guide will introduce you to the basics of the game and show you what it takes to improve each time you step on the court. Tennis For Dummies also covers the following topics and much more:
- Equipping yours elf with the right apparel, racket, and accessories
- Polishing your strokes—from your serve to lobs
- Finding out how the game is scored
- Shaping up with physical conditioning
- Dealing with common tennis injuries such as shin splints and tennis elbow
- Sharpening your mental game
- Exploring the finer points of tennis etiquette, both on the court and in the stands
- Discovering how to find the best tennis instructor for you
Whether you’re interested in playing singles or doubles, on hard court or clay, Tennis For Dummies will inspire you get out on a court and play. Featuring detailed photos, illustrations, and court diagrams this book can help you discover how the game of tennis is played and show you how to get the most out of yourself each and every time you pick up a racquet.