An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies, Second Edition
reflects the latest advances in the field while continuing to provide students with a road map to the complex interdisciplinary terrain of science and technology studies.
- Distinctive in its attention to both the underlying philosophical and sociological aspects of science and technology
- Explores core topics such as realism and social construction, discourse and rhetoric, objectivity, and the public understanding of science
- Includes numerous empirical studies and illustrative examples to elucidate the topics discussed
- Now includes new material on political economies of scientific and technological knowledge, and democratizing technical decisions
- Other features of the new edition include improved readability, updated references, chapter reorganization, and more material on medicine and technology