Make sure your new teachers are ready for the realities of the classroom . . . .Be confident that their mentors are focused and effective.
Organized so new teachers can read it by themselves, this book can also be studied collaboratively with veteran teachers who have been selected to mentor them. (176 pp., 2003)
This lively, readable manual
- generates instant impact on teaching and learning.
- supports and sustains master classroom teachers who need help mastering their roles as mentors.
- stimulates and organizes interactive sessions between new teachers and their mentors.
- provides a collection of "thought provokers" and teaching tips for new teachers.
- offers common sense strategies for any teacher seeking to be more effective.