Well-known Torts expert Richard A. Epstein skillfully and effectively integrates modern scholarship and historical background in this highly successful casebook. Cases and Materials on Torts
, now in its Ninth Edition, is an excellent introduction to the first-year Torts course that has been classroom-tested and proven by generations of law students.
Characteristics that have helped to make Cases and Materials on Torts a leader in the field include:
Continuing the past tradition of this widely used casebook, the Ninth Edition has been updated with:
- Outstanding authorship: Richard A. Epstein is a well-known and highly respected expert in the field, and his presentation of the material with a definite economics-based point of view engages students and fuels class discussion
- Traditional approach: Cases are integrated with modern scholarship on moral theory, law and economics, and salient policy questions
- Thoughtful presentation: Professor Epstein examines the processes of legal method, legal reasoning, and the impact of legal rules on social institutions and exposes students to different intellectual approaches that have been employed to interpret tort law over the years
- Historical background: Discussion of the historical backdrop provides students with an accurate sense of Tort Law and its development up to the present
- updated coverage of the growth in the doctrines of federal preemption into Tort Law, including whether compliance with a federal regulation blocks a state tort action
- coverage of the role of cyberspace in tort law, especially on the property torts, such as conversion
- New cases and updated notes throughout
Well written and insightful, this venerable casebook provides a firm introduction to torts for first-year students, giving them a sense of the historical underpinnings of tort law as well as exposure to different intellectual approaches to interpreting it.
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IN TORTS? TRY EXAMPLES & EXPLANATIONS: LAW OF TORTS 4E (9780735588745) AND THE WOLTERS KLUWER BOUVIER LAW DICTIONARY: 2011 STUDENT EDITION (9780735568525) --TWO OF MANY GREAT STUDY GUIDES FROM WOLTERS KLUWER LAW & BUSINESS.