The updated 2nd edition of this accessible and in-depth resource firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Leading physiologists present you with practical, accurate coverage, continually emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 800 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
- Provides clinical examples of disordered physiology in prominent boxes throughout the text for at-a-glance access to important content.
- Clarifies concepts with the use of 800 color drawings that feature balloon captions explaining key processes.
- Presents material in a consistent style to make the text readable and easy to understand.
- Offers a practical organization by body system for an intuitive and accessible approach to physiology.
- Features access to the complete contents of the book online, plus a full image collection, animations, 150 review questions, and supplemental web notes for more detailed information.
- Keeps you current with updated material, including a new chapter on Physiology of Aging and a new section on hemostasis.
- Offers the latest visual guidance with a revised and updated art program.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.