This new 10th edition includes the most current content to meet national curriculum and accreditation standards and still has the depth and breadth expected of Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach. Its instructive features, such as chapter outlines and learning objectives, enhance both the learning and teaching experience. With its focus on personal qualities, skills, responsibilities, types of patient education, and legal and ethical issues, the text remains the strongest foundation for learning the medical assisting profession.
- Applied Learning Approach introduces a case scenario at the beginning of each chapter, then revisits it throughout so students can easily apply what they have learned to the clinical setting.
- Critical thinking applications test content knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Procedures presented in a clear, step-by-step format with illustrations where appropriate.
- New chapters on The Office Environment & Daily Operations and Privacy & Risk Management focus on the latest administrative office trends and issues.
- Includes the most current content & competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES, including IV therapy, patient education, and documentation.
- Integrated case scenarios within each chapter include more application and exercises.
- HIPAA tie-ins within text demonstrate the importance of understanding and adhere to the HIPAA guidelines.
- Includes an interactive CD Companion packaged with the text that features additional exercises for testing content knowledge and critical thinking skills, AltaPoint's Electronic Medical Record software, sample skills-based exercises from Medical Assisting Online, online math review and drug calculations online exercises, and charting and documentation examples.