A History of Our Time, Eighth Edition, offers selections by leading historians as well as first-person accounts of various issues by people who have contributed to the shaping of America's rich history, including Bill Clinton, Joseph McCarthy, Anne Moody, Robin Morgan, and Phyllis Schlafly. Providing a balance of diverse political viewpoints, the documents include the voices of men and women of African American, European American, Asian American, and Latino/a descent. Taking into consideration events of the last four years--including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden--the eighth edition of A History of Our Time offers a clearer, more encompassing view of the United States' collective history.
New to This Edition
* A new section (Part 5) on rebellion and counterculture
* Several new selections, including excerpts from Jeremy Varon, David Farber, and President Barack Obama
* An updated essay on the U.S. and the world in the post-Cold War era that extends through the death of Osama Bin Laden (Part 9)
* Revised charts and tables with the most recent census data
* Three new primary sources that move beyond customary written texts (Parts 4, 5, and 10)