This helpful Study Guide offers in-depth study and review of the most important facts and information from Health Information: Management of a Strategic Resource, 3rd Edition. Using real-life case studies with accompanying medical records, it challenges you to apply new HIM skills and concepts to a variety of realistic scenarios.
- This guide offers useful study tips and test-taking techniques, with information on preparing performance grids, working with critical competence questions, and understanding AHIMA domains and subdomains.
- For each chapter in the textbook, the Study Guide features a pretest review and a chapter review test, both offering answers with rationales to help you identify areas where more study is needed.
- Critical thinking assignments for each chapter encourage you to apply the new concepts and skill you are learning in the textbook to real-world situations, such as:
- Preparing an electronic health care record scenario
- Explaining how separate parties use health care data
- Preparing a training program for a systems implementation or upgrade
- Writing a brief on implementing a wireless network
- A comprehensive certification section prepares you for exams with valuable information on exam applications, content, cost, scoring, and test-taking strategies.
- An accompanying Evolve website offers additional multiple-choice, true/false, and matching questions for even more practice putting important concepts into practice.