Students cannot make an educated decision about what career to pursue without adequate information. This Brief Introduction from the Engineering Your Future series provides a broad introduction to the study and practice of engineering. It presents vital information in an interesting and easy-to-read manner.
New to the 2009-2010 Edition:
* Updated Statistical Information
* Updated Examples and References
New Third Edition features:
* Now includes a History of Engineering
* Offers updated salary and graduation statistics
* Includes an updated Computer Tools chapter and improved, integrated Design and Problem-Solving chapters
* Provides additional problems for most chapters
Engineering Your Future has been developed with the following goals and objectives:
* To expose students to the technical challenges, problems and functions of engineering
* To introduce students to the professional characteristics and ethical responsibilities of engineers
* To present problem-solving skills that will aid in the success of students in the classroom
* To expose students to a teamwork approach to project completion
* To introduce students to a design methodology that can be used in subsequent design courses
There are four versions of Engineering Your Future in the series to meet a wide variety of course needs: Problem-Oriented, Short Course, Comprehensive, and A Brief Student's Guide.