A complete guide for the entire facility design process?--revised and updated
In today's fast-moving business climate, the foodservice professional will likely be involved in several facility design projects over his or her career. Design and Layout of Foodservice Facilities, Third Edition provides a comprehensive reference for every step of the process, from getting the initial concept right to the planning, analysis, design, permitting, and construction--in short, everything needed to get to opening day of the new establishment! Packed with valuable drawings, photographs, and charts, this essential guide covers the nuts-and-bolts decisions that make the difference in an effective, efficient foodservice operation, including equipment selection, workflows, and legal compliance.
This Third Edition features:
- Expanded focus on the front of the house/dining room area
- Updated and revised equipment chapter with new images of the latest equipment
- New pedagogical features incorporated throughout the text, including key terms, review questions, and questions for discussion
- Additional blueprints highlighting design trends
- Revised appendices that include Web references for additional information
- Expanded and updated glossary
Design and Layout of Foodservice Facilities, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for students of foodservice management as well as professionals involved in foodservice design projects.