CliffsQuickReview course guides cover the essentials of your toughest classes. Get a firm grip on core concepts and key material, and approach your exams with newfound confidence.
CliffsQuickReview Organic Chemistry I demystifies the topic with straightforward explanations of the fundamentals. This volume, which focuses on hydrocarbons and stereochemistry, will help you learn almost all of the important points you’ll need to succeed in organic chemistry. (These concepts are applied and further developed in CliffsQuickReview Organic Chemistry II.)
This comprehensive guide begins with a review of general chemistry, including atomic structure, ionic and covalent bonding, and acids and bases. In no time, you'll be ready to take on topics such as
- The structure of organic molecules, including atomic orbitals and hydrocarbons
- Alkanes, including nomenclature, preparations, and halogenation
- Alkenes, including molecular formulas, unsaturation, hydration, polymerization, and epoxide reactions
- Alkynes, cyclohydrocarbons, and conjugated dienes
- Stereochemistry, including optical activity, chirality, projections, and more
CliffsQuickReview Organic Chemistry I acts as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review—the information is clearly arranged and offered in manageable units. Here are just a few of the features you’ll find in this guide:
- Explanatory diagrams and loads of formulas
- Summary of preparations; summary of reactions
- Glossary of terms
- Periodic Table of Chemical Elements
- Table of Electronegativity Values
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.