The second edition of the popular English Phonetics and Phonology
textbook has been extensively updated and expanded to offer greater flexibility for teachers and increased support for non-native speakers studying the sound systems of English.
- An ideal introduction to the study of the sound systems of English, designed for those with no previous knowledge of the subject
- Second edition now rigorously updated and expanded to reflect feedback from existing students and to increase support for non-native speakers of English
- Benefits from a useful introduction to articulatory phonetics, along with coverage of the main aspects of the phonological structure of present-day English
- Features a completely new chapter on the relationship between English spelling and pronunciation, extended coverage of intonation, and extensive revisions to sections on rhythm, word stress, intonation and varieties of English worldwide
- Will include invaluable chapter-by-chapter exercises, linked to sound files available on the accompanying website at www.wiley.com/go/carrphonetics(available upon publication)