The most authoritative and comprehensive text in Abnormal Psychology
The esteemed author team of Jim Butcher, Sue Mineka, and Jill Hooley offers students the most thoroughly researched, engaging,and up-to-date explanation of psychopathology, creating a learning experience thatprovokes thought and increases awareness. Byadopting a comprensive bio-psycho-social perspective, this text takes students to levels of understanding that other books do not offer.
Hundreds of new references have been added to reflect the ever-changing field of abnormal psychology. This 15th edition includes specialized feature boxes highlighting many of the changes that are expected in the upcoming revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5).
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning - The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Explore Research The authors present their diverse research interests in an exciting way that provokes thought and increase awareness.
- Improve Critical Thinking Review questions at the end of major sections within the chapters provide opportunities for self-assessment and reinforce learning.
- Engage Students Most chapters begin with a Case Study to engage students' attention right from the outset.
- Support Instructors — With the new MyPsychLab, Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and MyTest, ClassPrep, CRS Questions, Lecture PowerPoint and video embedded Powerpoint Slides, instructors have everything they need to engage students. All of these materials may be packaged with the text upon request.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205880266/ ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205880263.